Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day






Today was Valentines Day so we are going to break off the course of this blog for 24hrs. Funny how you remember certain days of the year and forget others. I forgot about today when I woke up. Even though a reminder came last night, for some reason it still did not register. Since Circuit City is going out of business, ma mere wanted to go and see if there was anything left. I noticed an 8gb pro SD card for my camera and since there was not a price labeled on it, I went to ask how much it was. As a photographer, you tend to see a lot of little things you would not normally see. Waiting in line, I glanced up and noticed a camera lens sitting on a shelf in the middle of a few other boxes. I immediately had a moment of excitement. There was a little orange dot on it which meant it was a Sony lens. YEAH! Being a 75-300, it was something needed for the new camera. Since the Pentax I have has one, it is definitely sub-par and an OEM lens would be a great thing to have. Completely forgetting about the memory card, they told me the price of the lens was $70 which was pretty good considering it is $230 online. Unfortunately, my wallet was not with me, and even so, without a real don't have the money for it. Begging my mother to get it under the idea she would get the money back, she said yes but needed to go home and grab the cash for it. I called my cousin on the way home to try and pawn one of my guns off on him. He was quick to say yes since it would complete the collection he has been wanting and my smile. His smile because my smile, and we were in business. I was getting a new lens for my camera, but losing it at a cost of another dear possession. We got home and I got online to make sure it was worth the $70. While I was on the computer, my dad sat on the couch with the dog and my mom approached me with a smile. I asked her if she was ready to go and she said yeah, hold on one minute though. Every minute that passed was another minute this lens had a chance to leave the store without my hands on it. While looking at the computer again, she grabbed a small bag under the couch and put it on my dads lap. They both looked and had a mischevious grin on their face, said, you have to hook our new speakers up first, but Happy Valentines Day. Putting a new Sony 75-300mm in my lap, it was a glorious feeling. A brand new lens, HA! What a way to start the day. Pretty exceptional. After hooking up the speakers, the lens lens took a spin on the camera. Once the speakers were hooked up, I watched John Hancock on the new surround sound. We drove down to Carey, OH to listen to my brother at Moreno's. The food was half decent, but quite pricey. The new guys my brother was playing with were disappointed but he was laughing at their inexperience. Being from a somewhat urban area, Carey, OH down home place where I could get some good pictures of the exterior. It turned out to be a good Valentines Day. Thanks Mom! Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. So,did Mom sneak back in and buy the lens, or did she buy a different one? Did you get them memory card? If so, What kind of deal was that? :0) Needless to say, that was an awesome gift from your mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She went to another Circuit City here in town before we went together. She picked the last lens they had at that store. Then we went to the other store and there was one left there as well. Then when we went to the other store, she already had purchased it. Probably knew that I would find it and thought it would be fun to tease me real good for the ride back home.

    ReplyDelete