Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Still Snowing






While it continues to snow, I continue to take pictures. A few days later, my family and I went out to Maumee Bay for the weekend. With Maumee Bay sitting right on the edge of Lake Erie, it is one of the best places to be during weather events. With my room on the second floor with a balcony over looking the lake. It was a terrible view, but great at the same time. The family decided to go for a walk on the boardwall. My dad recently had surgery and with all the snow decided to hang back. Not wanting to leave him by himself, my brother had stayed back as well leaving just my mother and I. It was the most snow we've had in 8 years. Without snowshoes, walking in the snow was harder than we thought it would be, but it was so nice out it was impossible not to continue. We walked to the furthest point of the boardwalk only to reach a couple of deer that were waiting for the storm to pass. After we walked back, it turned into a relaxing night. After a family dinner, we played a little pool. Once my parents went to bed, my brother and I stayed up a little longer hoping we would make some new friends. It never happened. After spending some time in the sauna and in the hot tub, we turned on the movie channel and went to our separate beds. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. It is so neat that as a young man, you appreciate the value of family! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete