Thursday, February 12, 2009







....As I was saying, I started off taking pictures of things any normal person would take pictures of. Eye catching landscapes, your dog, any anything else that might catch your eye. The first spring after I got my new Pentax camera, I went on a fishing trip down to Alabama at Frank Jackson State Park. It was a small little park that offered a great lake to go fishing on. As always, my dog went with us. Her legal name is Jasmine, I've always ignored that and called her Puppy. She responds to it quite well and comes quickly. There was a slight concern during the week we were own there. Since we were staying in a tent right on the water, and I had a dog weighing only 13 pounds, the few alligators we saw were suddenly an inconvenience instead of a HEY! LOOK AN ALLIGATOR! This guy started chasing the lures we were using while bass fishing. He was not afraid of the boat. I wanted to reach over and pick it up(I do this with everything) but my dad thought I was crazy and did not want a 4ft alligator in the boat with him.
At night it got down around the low 40's. During the day it shot up to around 85. In the mornings the fog was so dense you could barely see the lake itself. Our tent was only 20 yards or so from the water. I waited until some of it cleared so I could actually get a picture. During the days on the lake, we did not catch anything. We met some guy that caught some crappie's and they were HUGE. He gave us some hints, but we didn't get them. We never caught a single fish on that lake the entire week. It was quite depressing. We ended up driving down to Florida for a day and fished in the gulf where our boat all but died on us leaving us like the others in the bay. We did catch a couple catfish and a puffer fish I think?
This was the first trip my camera went on. The pictures of the fog were so cool that I kept taking pictures on the entire trip home. A few of them turned out a couple hundred more didn't. Either way it was a good trip. Spent some quality time with my dad, took a few good pictures, and had some good fish stories to tell, well alligator stories. I did let him bite my lure, and it hooked, but fell off before it got in the boat......see my lure on his head?

1 comment:

  1. ok - now I have read each entry - I love how you expose your soul. How you share your sensitivity to what we all take for granted! and, "puppy's" shot ain't bad either! what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete