Wednesday, February 18, 2009



After driving around town searching for some ideal opportunities to take some photographs, the driving became less aimless. It was still left open ended in case other opportunities presented themselves but there were ideal targets now. With the next target identified as the college I received my diploma from, The University of Toledo was a commonly photographed place. Every photographer in town has a picture of the tower, so how could I be different? Fortunately, taking pictures at night is one of my favorite things to do. Not only do many people not take advantage of it, but when you add that to places people are scared to go at night, it makes it even better. Making my way onto the roof of the parking garage, I was overlooking the staff parking lot and onto the main campus. The tower was well lit and so was the parking lot. Shooting away, the resulting image became a 24x36 print framed and given to my Grandma as a gift for sending me to college. It has been the only one printed and will probably remain that way.
After leaving the roof of the parking garage I moved over to the football stadium. Realizing the gate to the stadium was open, I slipped in and it was quite eerie. Being the only one in the stadium built for 30000, there was no choice but to take advantage of the situation. After doing things that could not have been done with people in the stadium, the camera began some short lived work. With the batteries dying, shots became extremely selective. Once the batteries died, and not having anything decent to leave with, the losing walk to the locker room started. I ended up making it onto the field where I couldn't help but notice the famous 50 yard line. STOP! With a set of dead batteries in the camera, and a set of dead batteries in my pocket, desperation turned into utility. After being in my pocket, the batteries warmed up enough to get a couple more shots off. Turned out to be a win in overtime!

1 comment: